Here we go, guys. *Sigh*
Among the millions of beauty enhancements we can now make is the lash lift. It’s gaining more popularity lately in the wake of the eyelash extension trend.
A lash lift is essentially, an eyelash perm. It curls and lifts your whole natural lash line. A technician took about 30 minutes to apply and remove the potion to my lashes.
So here’s what I do like:
- The cost. While the results are less drastic than eyelash extensions, this is a GREAT alternative to extensions price-wise. In my area it’s about a quarter, to a half of the price of eyelash extensions.
- Takes a short amount of time. Shorter time= easier to get a sitter.
- No upkeep or maintenance. In this way these are very friendly to my mom life. I didn’t need to go in for a “fill” or a “touch up.” The affects gently started wearing off in about 6 weeks.
- Genuinely improves everyday mascara. I loved that every day just putting on my mascara it looked better than it ever did before. My lashes looked longer, thicker, and more curled and lifted.
Here’s what I didn’t like:
- The process of getting it done was uncomfortable. Your eyes have to remain closed for the duration and the solution felt itchy. Your lashes are basically stretching upwards and attached to your eyelid, it’s not painful but definitely made me feel a little squirmy.
- The first few days my lashes were over-curled. When your lashes are over-curled instead of shooting upwards they curl back in towards your lid. This gave me a great curly effect, but initially it looked like I had less length. Luckily, this period didn’t last more than one or two days. After that it was 6 weeks of pretty lashes.
My before, after, and after with mascara.
I say, why not?! The pros do outweigh the cons in my opinion. It’s worth a try!